West Babylon, NY
Bestek Lighting & Staging is looking for a full time Scenic Technical Designer/ Drafter & Salesman.
Working closely with our project managers, and scene shop, our Scenic Technical Designer/ Drafter creates drawings for items that may not have an accompanying scenic design specified.
When not working on Scenic Design, This position will be working on getting Job Leads in the industry.
Reports To: Project Managers, General Manager
Responsibilities and Duties
- Generate leads for potential jobs in Scenic Fabrication/design & Live Events.
- Complete shop drawings in a timely, efficient manner.
- Coordinate with project manager, and scenic shop to stay on schedule.
- Have knowledge of a wide variety of building materials and scenic construction methods.
- Work with shop staff in determining safe, sturdy construction methods.
- Familiarize yourself with local and national vendors to determine correct sources for materials.
- Ensure Scenery is drafted well within safety guidelines.
- Engage in other drafting projects as requested by project managers, or management.
- Work with project managers to determine project cost projections.
Qualifications & skills:
- Must be proficient in AutoCad
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in technical theatre, or event design is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent time management ability, and the ability to prioritize and be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced creative environment.
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively and be able to work without immediate supervision
- Computer proficiency- Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel)
- Ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Knowledge of CNC processes a plus.
- Knowledge of vinyl printing, cutting & mounting processes preferred.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401k, Personal Time Off (PTO)
**Bestek Lighting and Staging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.**