West Babylon, NY
Bestek Lighting & Staging is looking for a full time Scenic Technical Designer/ Drafter. Working closely with our project managers, and scene shop, our Scenic Technical Designer/ Drafter creates drawings for items that may not have an accompanying scenic design specified.
Reports To: Project Managers, General Manager
Responsibilities and Duties
- Complete shop drawings in a timely, efficient manner.
- Coordinate with project manager, and scenic shop to stay on schedule.
- Have knowledge of a wide variety of building materials and scenic construction methods.
- Work with shop staff in determining safe, sturdy construction methods.
- Familiarize yourself with local and national vendors to determine correct sources for materials.
- Ensure Scenery is drafted well within safety guidelines.
- Engage in other drafting projects as requested by project managers, or management.
- Work with project managers to determine project cost projections.
Qualifications & skills:
- Must be proficient in AutoCad
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in technical theatre, or event design is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent time management ability, and the ability to prioritize and be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced creative environment.
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively and be able to work without immediate supervision
- Computer proficiency- Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel)
- Ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Knowledge of CNC processes a plus.
- Knowledge of vinyl printing, cutting & mounting processes preferred.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401k, Personal Time Off (PTO)
**Bestek Lighting and Staging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.**